Identifying Constants, Coefficient, Powers
Each expression is made up of terms.
A term can be
- a signed number
- a variable
- a constant multiplied by a variable
Each term in an algebraic expression is separated by a 1 sign or 2 sign.
Example: 6x, 7y, and 8
When a term is made up of a constant multiplied by a variable or variables, that constant is called a coefficient. In the term 7x, the coefficient is 7.
7x2 + 5x + 1
- Terms in given Polynomial are : 7x2, 5x , 1
- Constant Term in given Polynomial is : 1
- Variables in given Polynomial are : x2, x
- Power / Exponent in given Polynomial is : 2 in x2 , 1 in x
- Coefficients in given Polynomial are : 7 in 7x2, 5 in 5x